To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Generate event logs

Is possible generate event logs only simulating a model process and which software is more suitable for that??

Answers

• You can try using CPN tools to generate event logs. It is not straightforward and you will need a bit of reading but it's doable. I can try to find an example if you are interested.
  • Thank you ...and maybe Do you know some tools that generate logs from BPMN ? because CPN is for Petri Net...
  • Please help me! I am trying to use CPN tool to generate new logs. However, I don't know what should I start. Anyone can share me any example. Thanks in advance!

• Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear JBuijs,

Noted with thanks!
  • borisnik said:
    You can try using CPN tools to generate event logs. It is not straightforward and you will need a bit of reading but it's doable. I can try to find an example if you are interested.
    @borisnik and @JBuijs can you please help in using CPN tools for log generation using petrinet. I am using technique mentioned in this paper: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi49c3MjMTSAhXBMBoKHYqnAIQQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.processmining.org%2F_media%2Ftools%2Fcpn05_cpnlogs_v2.pdf&usg=AFQjCNFw3mdlNLsatvyzNJVZ3n3MHXSt-A

I downloaded the petrinet files from the link provided in this paper and opening it in CPN tools. Modifying the petrinet as described in the paper. but to my bad luck, Whenever i right click on first transition and select fire transition only the first transition name "generator" is being executed. the first transition generator in petrinet generates sequential number for each log entry. rest of the transitions do not fire. i hope you have already came across this paper. Please help me how can i make rest of the transitions fire so that i may get complete logs .

Or if there is any other method, please do tell that as well. I have also used PLG but it generates random logs. I want logs for the process that i am observing manually, creating the process on papers, making its petrinet and generate logs for it so that i may use it in ProM.

Hoping to get positive response. Thanks in anticipation.
  • Hi,

please stick to 1 thread per issue for clarity. I have responded to your other thread already. Maybe if my answer there is not clear, repeat the info of your last post of this thread, in the other thread.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • @JBuijs thanks for the reply on other thread. you have just answered me on both the threads in parallel. There was no answer from you earlier. That's why I tagged you and posted comment here to have answer from your. I will be careful in the future.