To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Operation Support is eating my trace attributes :(

Hi ProM Gurus,

I am working on developing PlugIn using Operation Support but it looks like my traces are losing there attributes on  there way.

this Is my original trace that I want to send accross:
<log openxes.version="1.0RC7" xes.features="nested-attributes" xes.version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.xes-standard.org/">
<trace>
<string key="concept:name" value="1"/>
<string key="description" value="instance with id 1"/>
<event>
<int key="diagnosis" value="5"/>
<string key="stream:lifecycle:trace-transition" value="start"/>
<string key="concept:name" value="Receive Order"/>
<string key="lifecycle:transition" value="complete"/>
<date key="time:timestamp" value="2009-09-24T09:35:11.100+03:00"/>
</event>
</trace>
</log>

I sniffed the traffic and found out this is what is actually sent across.

<simpleQuery session="0" done="false" language="text/declaremonitor">
<trace>
<log openxes.version="1.0RC7" xes.features="nested-attributes" xes.version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.xes-standard.org/">
<trace>
<event>
<string key="concept:name" value="Receive Order"/>
<date key="time:timestamp" value="2009-09-24T09:35:11.100+03:00"/>
</event>
</trace>
</log>
</trace>
<items>
<log openxes.version="1.0RC7" xes.features="nested-attributes" xes.version="1.0" xmlns="http://www.xes-standard.org/"/>
</items>
<query class="java.lang.String">1</query>
</simpleQuery>

I tried to send the trace as a log item but the same thing happens with that. I need the attributes on the server side for analysis. By trace attributes I mean this part:
<string key="concept:name" value="1"/>
<string key="description" value="instance with id 1"/>

Thank you for your help

Answers

• Dear 'ubaierbhat',

I have forwarded your question to the original developer/maintainer of the package. However, since he is not longer working for us I'm not sure when he will reply.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,

I have asked the developer and he confirms that by design only the extension attributes are send across, other attributes are dropped. So I'm afraid this is intentional behavior.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thank you for your reply. 

That is strange because the trace attributes can also be important on the other side. I have found way around the problem for now by sending the trace as a string property. Not the best solution but work for now.

Regards

Ubaier