To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

help on my work

faouzia
edited February 2016 in ProM 6
good evening;
I am a beginner for  prom tool 
I need this tool to analyze the quality of a BPMN model and define the metric .
I installed 6.4 prom and I integrate plug ins BPMN, but the problem I have not found a guide that can help me to use this tool, I can not understand how I can used this tool 
normally first of all I must to convert the events files (.log) into fomat MXML with Xesame
how to do please !
please help me by giving steps to be continued
Thank you for  your help

Comments

• Hello,

We will probably need more details to give you useful advice. What type of log you are talking about? If log is cvs formatted - try smart cvs import instead of XESame. Xesame is good for database based logs.
  • faouzia
    edited February 2016
    Hello;
    thank you so much  for your help
    I want to use the log files from bonita :open source business process management (.log)
    Would anyone please tell me how can I convert the Name.log in .xes file ? 
    which allows plugins to provide metric  quality of a model bpmn ?
    best regards

• faouzia
    edited February 2016

Hello;
     please, Help me  to advance in my work the problem is how I can import the file types in the tool prom

Log: xlog
    process model: flex
    I just can not understand the tool Xesame
    best regards

• Dear Faouzia,

First of all: welcome to the forum, and to process mining!!!

I do however believe that your questions cannot be answered here on the forum since they are too generic and lack specific details.
    I therefore recommend you to get familiar with process mining and event logs first and then ask more specific and detailed questions.

Please continue reading from here:
    www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/12/where-to-find-what

Furthermore, please look at www.promtools.org for the newest ProM versions: 6.5.1a and ProM lite.

Happy mining!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Good morning JBuijs;
    First of all, thank you for your remarks
    I'am new in prom ;I read a number of the item and your thesis chapter 5 and 6; 
    my problem I want to use some plugins prom that require some type of files (xlog,flex..)I do not know if the xesame method can help me to import such files or not
    I noticed that Xesame based on a gold data base but in my work I have .log files and bpmn models (process executed with business process management : bonita)
    if yes, please is there a video to help  me to understand their operation
    Thanks for your help
  • Dear Faouzia,

XESame is targetted at extracting data from databases.
    In your case you might try to translate the file to CSV or Excel and import that in ProM.
    I do not know the structure of your file so it is hard to help you.

Did you also take a look at Disco by Fluxicon? That might also give you ideas how to translate the file.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • faouzia
    edited March 2016
    Dear JBuijs;
    thank you for your help ;
    can you help me to say how I can convert a text document with extension .log in xed to be imported prom??
    my file includes '; ' when I read the csv form I think will present the problems
    Regards
    faouzia 
  • Dear Faouzia,

As I said before, it is really hard to help blindfolded: I have no information to go on.
    One thing you could try is to change the .log extension to .csv of the file and then use the CSV importer in ProM.
    Joos Buijs