To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

is Fuzzy miner based on classic Fuzzy theory?

Hi, is Fuzzy miner based on classic Fuzzy theory? why this algorithm is named fuzzy miner? I have studied some parts of Xia's thesis but I didnt find any clue.

Comments

• Hi Hadije,

I'm not sure which thesis you mean, but the PhD thesis of Christian Guenther is the definitive resource on the Fuzzy miner:
    http://alexandria.tue.nl/extra2/200911996.pdf

I don't think it is based on classic fuzzy theory, it mainly applies metrics to derive a model without clear semantics.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • dear JBuijs 
    thanks a lot. I have studied Guenther's paper titled "Fuzzy mining - adaptive process simplification based on multi-perspective metrics". I think you're right.
     thanks for your help