To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Unable to convert a YAWL specification into PetriNet

Hello, 
I am trying to convert a simple YAWL file into PetriNet but I couldnot find the Plugin HLYAWL to HLPetriNet. Does this plugin exist for this version of ProM. I am using ProM 6.

Thank you.

Comments

• kfgz087
    edited August 2017
    Hi tanushri,

I think you can find the answer on the page http://www.processmining.org/online/hlyawltohlpn
    Guangming Li
    PhD student in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Li,

Thank you for the information. I checked the link which you provided in your earlier message, but unfortunately this plugin doesn't exist for the new version of ProM. I tried with the older version ProM 5.2 but the conversion didn't work for my example as, the first steps explained in the tutorial was to flatten the YAWL file by using plugin yawltoyawl which didnt show for me in the conversion tab of ProM. Do you know any other plugin for YAWL to PetriNet conversion?

Regards,
    Tanu
  • Dear Tanu,

The "HLYAWL to HLPetriNet" plug-in should show in ProM 5.2. This plug-in should convert a (high-level) YAWL model into a (high-level) Petri net, using the four plug-ins as mentioned on the page as provided by Guangming. You do not have to call these four plug-ins yourself manually.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• Hello Eric,

I tried as mentioned, but I realize the yawl file which I have has been updated using the YAWL 4.1. I am guessing, the problem in conversion is because of the version of YAWL.
    Is there any plugin for YAWL to Petri Net conversion in the ProM6.7?

Regards,
    Tanu
  • Hello Tanu,

No, not that I know of. YAWL support in ProM 6.7 is also limited to YAWL 2.3.5.  Your 4.1 models might not even be imported successfully in ProM 6.7.

Kind regards,

Eric.