To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to derive E:time:timeSinceCaseStart and time:duration of trace

Hi What is the proper plug in to get these two attributes given I know E:time:timestamp for each event? I use the plug in Add Elapsed Time in Trace as Attribute to all Events for both of these two attributes. I think for the first attribute, it is correct, but I am not so sure about the second one as it will calculate time duration for each event until the last event. In dotted chart, when I plot X axis to be E:time:timeSinceCaseStart, y axis to be E:concept:name and sort on time: duration of trace of last event, I can observe how long each case takes in a increasing manner. Am I doing this correctly? Is there a better way to get trace duration directly instead of using the value for the last event? Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

The only way to calculate trace duration is to measure the time between the first and last event (or any other two events if these indicate the 'real' start/end of a trace).
    Your approach is correct.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology