To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

The "evaluate process tree" plug in.

Hello everyone:
 I want to get the four quality dimension values of the model I mined,so I use the "evaluate process tree"plug in.
 But I get a non-visualized result.and he also can not be operated.
 I want to know where the problem is.

Thank you in advance.
TangYahui

Comments

• Hi TangYahui,

Please us the 'calculatePTQualityString' variant which returns the tree fitness as a string representation.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Buijs:

I don't understand what you said. Where can I find the 'calculatePTQualityString' variant ?

yours,

TangYahui
  • Hi Buijs:

In fact, I have found plug-ins to measure the other three quality dimensions, only don't know how to calculate the simplicity .

Yours,

Tangyahui
  • Hi Cong,

I have read it.And now I almost know how to calculate manually.

But it is better if there is  a plug-in I can use.

Yours
     TangYahui
  • Hi TangYahui,

The plug-in I mentioned should produce a string with four quality dimensions encoded within it. I guess it's not available in ProM lite, but should be in ProM 6.7.

The resulting string should contain all four quality dimensions.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Bujis:

I think that the plug-in you said is the plug-in for the image I uploaded earlier.
    But it is unreadable and inoperable.
    I don’t know where the problem is.

Thank you for your reply 

yours

TangYahui

• Hi TangYahui,

The plug-in you have executed now returns a 'TreeFitness' object. For this there is indeed no visualizer or plug-in that takes this as input.
    There should be another plug-in in the list with a very similar name that produces a 'String' object, which can be visualized. Can you check?
    Joos Buijs

• Hello, 

I use ETM CLI version: the plugin variant is called "evaluate_process_tree_returns_string(Xlog, PTree)". It results in a string like this:
    0,3529 (Gv: 0,0000 Pe: 1,0000 Fr: 0,0000 Of: 0,3529 Su: 1,0000 )

The 0,3529 is the overall quality value, but I am not sure which of the Gv, Pe, Fr, Su stands for Replay Fitness, Precision, Simplicity and Generalization. I have looked into the source code but did not get any wiser.

Does anyone know what these values mean?

Many thanks!
  • Dear Daniel,
    • Gv = Generalization (using the average number of visits to each node)
    • Pe = Precision (using escaping edges)
    • Fr = Fitness (using replay)
    • Su = Simplicity (using useless nodes)
    • Of = Overall Fitness
    Cheers,

Eric.
  • Thank you!!!
  • Thanks Eric! You're right. See the ETM folder and then the fitness.metrics package. Each metric has an info object with a key ('Gv'), dimension ('Generalization') and description (as Eric showed). The default weights to calculate the Of is (off the top of my head) 10 x Fr + 5 x Pe + Gv + Su normalized by dividing by 17 (sum of the weights).

Hope this helps!
    Joos Buijs

• Thanks guys. Unfortunately, the "evaluate_process_tree_returns_string(log, tree)" variant does not work correctly in my case.

Applying ETMd to one of my workflow logs results in the following output, where it states that the resulting process tree has an overall quality of >0.97 (great!).

However, when I export the resulting process tree to a file (ETMd.ptml) and use the same workflow log file and process tree as input for "import_process_tree_from_ptml", then the algorithm returns a quality of only 0.1845... Any idea if I miss something?

The image beneath shows a ProM script, which I use as input for ProM CLI. The console contains the output from ProM.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
    Daniël 

• Hi Daniel,

When exporting a process tree from ETM as ptml there is a conversion from the ETM internal model (NAryTree) to a ProcessTree instance.

Given the fact that your Fr is 0 in your recalculation I guess that the alignment settings are not correct (my guess: the XEventClassifier).

My recommendation would be to hack a bit into the code and work directly with NAryTrees. I have save and load functions, even functions to translate NAryTrees to nice looking LaTeX pictures, even with quality values etc. etc. See my thesis for the end result and the ETM and JoosBuijs packages for the code.

Hope this helps!!!
    Joos Buijs