To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Import an existent uml diagram and use conformance check

rosangelamariah
edited January 2018 in ProM 6
 Hello,
I would like to import an  existing diagram to ProM and use the plugins to check the conformance.
is this possible?

I can import the bpmn model into prom , but only two plugins are available, as it show in image.
I appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi Rosanglea Mariah,

I think running one of these plug-ins selects one of the BPMN diagrams available in this file.

Then, on this BPMNDiagram, run a conversion plug-in to make a Petri net out of it.
    Then you can do conformance checking.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Jbuijs, Thanks!

That is great, the problem is, the activities in model should be in the same structure in log unfortunatly the real process people usually draw/develop contains description and distinct tasks of what exists in the log (departments, people) and other artifacts, so I do not know how to compare the models. I think the tool does not do this, am I right?
    Any idea how to do that?

Thanks.

• Hi Rosanglea Mariah,

If you start the alignments (not sure if this also pops-up in the data-aware alignments) you have a wizard step where you are asked to relate the process model activities to the event classes (from the event log). Here you could make sure that both 'languages' are connected.

Hope this helps!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Buijs
    Yes, it helped a lot.

Thanks!

:)