To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

where the places are discovered in alpha miner

Hi everyone

I have downloaded alpha miner plugin from here. Now I want to change the way that the places are discovered. I need to know in which part (class) of this plugin the places are defined.

I would appreciate any advise on this issue.

Cheers

Comments

• Hi,

For the definition of places, i guess you need to go to the definition of the Petri net.
  • Dear CongLiu

Thank you for your answer. By place discovery in alpha miner I mean steps 4, 5 and 6 in alpha algorithm (page 171 of process mining text book). In the alpha miner plugin, I can not see where these steps of alpha algorithm are implemented.
    I sort of have got lost in the source code  ;)

Best

• Hi Mahnaz,

Please consult the "alphaExpansion(...)" function in org.processmining.alphaminer.algorithms.AlphaClassicMinerImpl which essentially combines these steps (4 and 5 if I am not mistaken), i.e. it is maximizing the pairs of sets (A,B).
    Note that it uses a (if I am not mistaken multi-threaded) node expander which effectively implements the maximization step as described in the algorithm.

cheers,

Bas.
  • Dear Bas

Thank you. Your answer helped me a lot.

Regards
    Mahnaz