To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

create SA-MXML file

I have an MXML file and OWL ontology , what is the way to combine them to get SA-MXML file ? Is there any way to do that in Prom by writting my own program is there any API that i can use to access the OWL ontologie

I'm newbie at this so can any one help me please.
One other thing, can i combine any OWL ontology and any MXML file to get my SA-MXML file?

Thank you.

Answers

• Dear Moufida,

My first recommendation would be to not create an SA-MXML file but an XES file, and use the semantic extension:
    http://www.xes-standard.org/start

Then each log/trace/event can have a special attribute, referring to an external ontology file to indicate to which concept it relates.

Note however that very few plug-ins currently can interpret this attribute correctly.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Can you please explain more 
  • What do you want to know exactly? Or, can you please explain more :smiley: 
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • when you said "each log/trace/event can have a special attribute, referring to an external ontology file to indicate to which concept it relates." so i need to have several ontology files 

• Hi Moufida,

I don't think you really need multiple files, since the each reference refers to a file and a concept in the file, although I'm not really sure about the details.
    It should work in a similar way as SA-MXML.
    Joos Buijs

• Thank you so much for your answers 
  • One more question if i may, can i use any OWL file and any MXML file to do the combine if i have an OWL file and i don't have the corresponding MXML file what should i do thank you.
  • Dear Moufida,

If with MXML file you mean the cases/traces and their events then you need them to do process mining :)
    Joos Buijs