To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Question about the characteristics of a Process Mining dataset

Hi

I would like to publish an educational process mining dataset on UCI repository soon and would like to ask what I need to consider in the dataset to be useful for the process mining community. This dataset contains the students' time series of activities during six laboratory sessions of a course of digital electronics. The features include session, student_Id, exercise, activity, start_time, end_time, and some other attributes in csv files. What sort of information is necessary to add for the process mining community and what are the main features to be considered for such dataset?

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Dear 'vmehrnoosh',

We are building a collection of event logs on the 3TU data center:
    http://data.3tu.nl/repository/collection:event_logs

If you want you can upload your event log there, and get a DOI and meta data for free :)

Otherwise, feel free to look at some data sets and especially the meta data attributes shown for most that shows what can be interesting to mention with your dataset.

Please post a link to the dataset once you uploaded it!

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos Buijs,

Thank you for this information. I would be glad to upload the data set on 3TU, but I would like to be sure that the ownership is preserved to my institution. Is it possible? Also, I would like to have the citation request to one of our articles, not the data set itself. Is it possible to include that in the data set information?

Please have a look at our data set here:
    www.la.smartlab.ws

• I don't know the details regarding ownership, feel free to contact the 3TU data center and refer to me at TU Eindhoven than it will flow to the right people :)

A request to refer to a paper instead of the dataset is new to me, so I would include that in the mail to 3TU

Keep me/us updated!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology