To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Package installation

[Deleted User]
edited December 2010 in - Usage
Hi,

I have installed ProM6 on my machine. As mentioned in the prom6-getting-started.pdf, when executed ProM6.bat or ProM6PM.bat for the first time it will download the packages and then it will the list of installed packages.
But when I run 
the ProM6.bat I get following exception and application won't start:

C:\Program Files\prom-6.0.5439>java -ea -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -classpath ProM6.jar org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI
Ini file processed
>>> Loading packages from C:\Documents and Settings\yashovardhan440076\.ProM\packages\packages.xml
>>> Loading packages from http://prom.win.tue.nl/ProM/packages/6.0/packages.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI.main(UI.java:61) 

When I run ProM6PM.bat the package manager starts but all the tabs shows empty list. Not a single package is installed.

Internet access is through proxy. I have checked the ProM6.ini file for any proxy settings but I didn't find any.

Please help.

Comments

• Dear yashovardhan,

There seems to be an issue related to the implementation of the Java XML parsers (JAXP for short). ProM actually tries to set the XML schema to null, but some older JAXP implementations always throw an exception, even when the schema is being set to null. These implementations simply do not support any schema.

Could you try a different (containing a more recent JAXP implementation) JRE?

Kind regards,

Eric Verbeek.
  • Hi Eric,

Thanks for responding to my query. Currently I am using Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_14-b08). Hope this is what you may be looking for.
    Do I need to specifically add JAXP Impl separately?

Regards,
    Yashovardhan.
  • Dear Yashovardhan,

No, as far as I know the JAXP implementation is included in the JRE. Unfortunately, I do not have a list of which JRE contains which JAXP implementation. I can only tell that I'm using 1.6.0_18, which works fine.

Cheers,

Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

I have installed latest JRE i.e. 1.6.0_23, but still same problem.

C:\Documents and Settings\yashovardhan440076>java -version
    java version "1.6.0_23"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_23-b05)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode, sharing)

C:\Documents and Settings\yashovardhan440076>cd\

C:\>cd "Program Files\prom-6.0.5439"

C:\Program Files\prom-6.0.5439>ProM6.bat

C:\Program Files\prom-6.0.5439>java -ea -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -classpath ProM6.jar org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI
    Ini file processed
    >>> Loading packages from C:\Documents and Settings\yashovardhan440076\.ProM\packages\packages.xml
    >>> Loading packages from http://prom.win.tue.nl/ProM/packages/6.0/packages.xml
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI.main(UI.java:61)

My assumpation was the latest version should solve the problem.

As I mentioned above in the first post, that is it because of my internet access is through proxy? and ProM is not getting the access to the internet?

Thanks,
    Yashovardhan

• Dear Yashovardan,

That would be my assumption as well.

I'm not sure about the proxy. I assume that if you can access the files mentioned above through some web browser, then ProM should also be able to access them. Please check whether you can access http://prom.win.tue.nl/ProM/packages/6.0/packages.xml using your favorite browser.

Otherwise, you might want to remove the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\yashovardhan440076\.ProM" before starting ProM. Sometimes this helps.

Kind regards,

Eric.