To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

MOOC “Process Mining: Data science in Action” to be repeated as of October 2015

Due to the large success of the previous two runs, this 6 week online course is repeated as of October. The course provides data science knowledge that can be applied directly to analyze and improve processes in a variety of domains.

Starts: October 7, 2015

For more information and to register visit: 

Process Mining: Data science in Action.

Data science is the profession of the future, because organizations that are unable to use (big) data in a smart way will not survive. It is not sufficient to focus on data storage and data analysis. The data scientist also needs to relate data to process analysis. Process mining bridges the gap between traditional model-based process analysis (e.g., simulation and other business process management techniques) and data-centric analysis techniques such as machine learning and data mining. Process mining seeks the confrontation between event data (i.e., observed behavior) and process models (hand-made or discovered automatically).

Process mining can be applied to any type of operational processes (organizations and systems). Example applications include: analyzing treatment processes in hospitals, improving customer service processes in a multinational, understanding the browsing behavior of customers using a booking site, analyzing failures of a baggage handling system, and improving the user interface of an X-ray machine. All of these applications have in common that dynamic behavior needs to be related to process models. Hence, we refer to this as "data science in action".

The Coursera course “Process Mining: Data science in Action” explains the key analysis techniques in process mining. Over 65,000 participants joined in the first two runs where they learned various process discovery algorithms. These can be used to automatically learn process models from raw event data. Various other process analysis techniques that use event data were also presented. Moreover, the course provides easy-to-use softwarereal-life data sets, and practical skills to directly apply the theory in a variety of application domains. To give everyone who missed the previous runs a chance to follow this course, the course runs again as of October 7, 2015.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Comments

• So far so good. Enjoying the class a great deal.

Greggory Tucker | MBA, ITIL V3 Expert | ITSM Solution Architect | Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

• Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Interested to know anticipated date for the future session of "Process Mining: Data Science in Action".

Regards,

Deb

• It looks like they have offered it twice per year. Based on that I would expect another course around March or April of 2016.

Greg

Greggory Tucker | MBA, ITIL V3 Expert | ITSM Solution Architect | Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

• I am looking forward to opening of this course as well. I am expecting this course around April as well.
    Suresh Kumar Mukhiya
    www.skmukhiya.com.np
  • I missed this course in Oct ' 15. Has the course been archived for future viewing? Would be very helpful..
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, we decided to close each session completely.
    But I can already tell you that we will open again soon, this time in on-demand mode (e.g. always open)!

More news will follow in the coming weeks.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology