To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Need help about PromImport

send2mujtaba
edited December 2010 in - ProMimport
Hi,

This is GM Shaikh. I am the MS student. I am doing my MS in software Engineering. 
Well, I am doing one project of analyzing ATM transaction data and find the hidden trends and knowledge from the ATM trnsaction data using PROM. For that I have to convert my data in to MXML format so that I can analyze data using PROM. Now I have two questions given below;

1- Can I use Prom to analyze my ATM transactional data? If yes, then how can i convert my dataset which is in XLS format in to MXML format?

2- Can any one provide me the details and meanings of PromImport tags like workflowmodel, auditTrail, data etc?

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.......

Comments

• Dear GM Shaikh,

It is hard to say if you can use ProM for analysis of your data set since we don't know what is in the data.

I think that some of the recent posts on http://fluxicon.com/blog/ might get you started in understanding what process mining is and how Prom works.
    It will also give you an idea of what needs to be in an event log and how to create one.

For converting your XLS file to MXML/XES there are several options:
    1. Use ProM Import (but it might be better to save your XLS file to a .csv (comma separated values) format
    2. Use Nitro to convert a .csv file easily to an MXML/XES event log
    3. Use XESame if you have multiple worksheets in your XLS file or if you have multiple .csv files.

If you are looking for a formal paper about MXML you might try this one.
    More information about the new event log format (not supported by ProM Import) can be found at http://www.xes-standard.org/.

Please let us know if you have any questions!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology