To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

MXML to SA-MXML

wirat
edited January 2011 in - ProMimport
I want to test my dataset with Semantic process mining tools. If I have an MXML file (converted from MySQL) and wsml ontology (created using WSMT) , what is the way to combine them to get SA-MXML file ? Is there any way with ProMImport ?

Another way I can try is writing my own program, but how can I query over wsml ontology. I think someone may provide APIs to access wsml ontology, but I don't know where they are. Anyone, please give me some suggestion.

Best Regards,

Wirat

Comments

• Hi Wirat, 

In your ProMimport plug-in, you can store references to concepts in your ontology via the 'setWorkflowModelElementModelReferences' method of the 'AuditTrailEntry'. The events in your SA-MXML log then point to these URIs and you can use the semantic plug-ins in ProM. 

The best overview of semantic plugins in ProM can be found in the detailed report on this page: http://prom.win.tue.nl/research/wiki/online/semanticprocessmining

Hope this helps!
    Anne
  • Thanks Anne,

But, I am still not clear in your answer. Do you mean replacing (text) the field 'AuditTrailEntry' with the link to known concept in MXML log ? So, I need to change in my program every time I try with the new datatset.  Or, you suggest me to look at java class like 'AuditTrailEntry' which  has the method name setWorkflowModelElementModelReferences'. If it is the latter, please tell me more where I can find the detail of them.

I can use some the semantic plug-ins. The main problem is preparing SA-MXML with different dataset. The program should be general for that purpose.

Best Regards,

Wirat  

• Hi Wirat, 

When you write your MXML log, then you create an object of type '' for every event in that log. Then you assign the name, originator, timestamp etc. for this event. 

AuditTrailEntry ate = new AuditTrailEntry();

ate.setWorkflowModelElement(activityName);

ate.setOriginator(originatorName);

To export an SA-MXML log, you need to assign an additional attribute. 

ate.setWorkflowModelElementModelReferences(uriList);

This will create the links to the concepts in your ontology and enable you to use the semantic plug-ins in ProM. 

I would look up the documentation of ProMimport and the source code to see exactly how it works. 

Does this help? 

Best, 
    Anne
  • Hi Wirat, 

When you write your MXML log, then you create an object of type 'AuditTrailEntry' for every event in that log. Then you assign the name, originator, timestamp etc. for this event. 

AuditTrailEntry ate = new AuditTrailEntry();

ate.setWorkflowModelElement(activityName);

ate.setOriginator(originatorName);

To export an SA-MXML log, you need to assign an additional attribute. 

ate.setWorkflowModelElementModelReferences(uriList);

This will create the links to the concepts in your ontology and enable you to use the semantic plug-ins in ProM. 

I would look up the documentation of ProMimport and the source code to see exactly how it works. 

Does this help? 

Best, 
    Anne
  • Dear Anne

Thanks again for the suggestion.  It is helpful, but do I need to
    implement these classes  and method by myself ? The most important is
    the method 'setWorkflowModelElementModelReferences(uriList)'. Once I
    pass an uri (ontology file) to the method, the method should return me
    the concept. How can I implement this method as it needs ontology query.
    Or, these classes and methods are already implemented and where they
    are ? (what package ? and where I can download ?)

Best Regards,

Wirat
  • The URI that you pass to the method already points to a concrete concept in a concrete ontology (not to an ontology file alone). 

No idea whether there are libraries to query the ontology. I always generated semantic logs where I knew what the concept URI would be, or where I extracted it from a database. 

• Dear Anne,

Thanks a lot. Now I found some useful resources about wsml reasoning. There are program examples showing how work with wsml using wsml2resoner framework. It seems very far away from ProM. Anyway, I hope I can get some idea for ontology query to integrate to the method you guided me.

Best Regards,

Wirat
  • Hi Wirat, 

OK, thanks for the update. 

Good luck with your project, 
    Anne
  • Dear Wirat, Anne,

Sorry for writing on almost a dead post.
    I think it would be really very helpful if you could share the resources regarding your research on "Semantic Process Mining" for newbie like me. I find very little (almost none) documentation in this area. 

Any help will be highly appreciated,

Thank you,
    PCoder

• Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Dear Joos,

Thank you for the resources. I have already been following these papers by Prof. Aalst, except for the third one. The third one is really what I need for now. I am really grateful to you for pointing these out.

I am particularly looking for SA-XML. Do you have more resources on SA-XML?

Also is there some documentation on the plugins that ProM6 uses??

Thank you.
  • Hi PCoder,

A quick Google resulted in the document:
    http://www.ip-super.org/res/Deliverables/M36/D6.14.pdf

This might be helpfull for some details on SA-MXML.

ProM 6 documentation can be found here:
    https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/Documentation

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks Joos,

I will definitely have more questions :). Currently reading the third paper you mentioned above.

Regards,
    PCoder