To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Predict changes in ProM

I'm currently involved in a project where we are trying to find bottlenecks in a process. After finding them, we're trying to measure the impact of "solving" them, i.e., we would like to simulate the impact on the whole process of a reducing in the execution time of a particular event. We're using Disco and ProM. Is there any plugin in ProM that is able to do what I'm trying to do, or does anyone have any suggestion? Till now I wasn't able to find anything. 

Comments

• Dear NDias,

Welcome to the forums!

Your question is exactly what we are currently working on in our group! Bart Hompes, a PhD I'm working with, is looking into this exact problem. The challenge is that there are many dependencies. Where will queues build? Were resources fully busy or can they work harder/more? etc. etc. This is hard to consider, but we will give it a try.

If you're interested, please contact me/us to discuss further and see if we can help each other!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks!
    So, regarding your answer this area is still not explored....I will send you a PM.
  • my means about "don't allow to make duplicate task" is a process model can remove duplicate task.
  • my means about "don't allow to make duplicate task" is a process model can remove duplicate task.
    This comment belongs to this split thread (but I forgot to move this message with, and cannot do this now anymore): http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/630/duplicate-tasks-and-simplicity-of-a-process-model#latest

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology