To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Error occurred during initialization of VM

pcoder
edited July 2011 in - Usage
Hi,
I am trying to run ProM Package Manager on my Windows and I am getting this error. Can somebody help on how could I get rid of it?

================
C:\Program Files\prom-6.0.5439>java -ea -Xmx2G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -classpath P
roM6.jar org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.packagemanager.PMFrame
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Could not reserve enough space for object heap
Could not create the Java virtual machine.
================

From my understanding, its issue with memory. My machine has 2G of RAM and it seems to use a max heap size of 2G for the PromPM app.  Can PromPM run with a less memory heap size??

Also when I run the exe, I don't get any response ..

Thank you.

Comments

• Sorry all,

It seems changing the maximum heap size for the application makes it working. I just changed the Xmx parameter to 1G and the program worked. I apologize for such a silly question, but I am very interested to know as to why this program would ever need such huge max size?

Thank you.
  • Hi, I have the same problem but I couldn't change the heap size by using java -Xmx1g -d64 params. How can I fix this problem?
  • I handle the problem* thanks even so.
  • Dear Kubra,

If you can share your solution, that might help others (/us) solve it in the future as well.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology