To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Prom 6 - import button only works once

I am using a Macbook Pro OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 (15F34) and have installed Prom Lite. All appears well and I have been able to follow tutorials correctly, however the import button only works once and PromLite requires a re-start to do another import. Its an annoyance more than anything but becomes tedious.

Comments

• Same problem with ProM-Lite on my Mac (latest OS-version). The problem also prevents importing more than 1 file or object. Looks like a Mac-specific bug.
  • Hi all,

This is indeed a bug in ProM lite. It is however fixed in the ProM nightly build (https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/browser/Nightly). It will require a new release of ProM and ProM lite (e.g. a future release of ProM 6.6.1, ProM 6.7, or ProM lite 1.2) for this to end up in a released version.

After installing the nightly build you could copy the package URL from the prom.ini from ProM lite to the prom.ini from the nightly build (e.g. overwrite the original URL), such that you only have the ProM lite packages and not the nightly build versions of all packages.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Thanks for your help. I don't quite understand the procedure (what package URL, what's prom.ini, etc.), but what worked for me was this: Delete ProM-Lite in my applications folder, reload and reinstall ProM-Lite 1.1 from promtools.org. The bug had disappeared and I could complete your great course on FutureLearn.
  • Hi Frank,

Great to hear that ProM lite 1.1 solves the issue!
    And also happy to hear that you could complete the FutureLearn course.

Happy mining!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology