To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to create an empty / silent transition

Dear community,

I wrote my own process discovery algorithm called uncertainty marker that can be found in the current Runnerup package, in which I want to add an empty/silent/unobserved transition. I did so by just adding a transition with the label "-" and colored it black.

Unfortunately that result in some issues when I try to measure the quality of the resulting model in conformance checking. Is there a way to add a real empty transition that really allows skipping ?

Best regards,

Oliver

Answers

• Hi Oliver,

I just asked quickly and there should be a 'setInvisible(true)' method on a transition instance. So no need to 'hack' with '-' and colors :)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi Joos,

thank you very much for the fast and useful reply.

Best regards,

Oliver