To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Is it possible to execute mining by external program?

Hi, I'm listening process mining course and I am a hospital program developer. I am finding ways to apply the technique to my workplace. As I learned about Prom, now what I feel is that to mining a process, I need to make more attempts as possible. And every attempt will include 'converting csv format to xes format','filter the data in various ways','execute mining using miner plug-in.'

Thanks to your efforts, it is easy to obtain event file from the data I usually handle because ProM only needs a simple format - csv. And I also feel easy filtering data in my DataBase side. And I may usually use 'Inductive miner' for the first step of analyzing events. As a result, all of my analyzing speed can be rapidly faster if I can make those steps automatically. I will be able to analyze data in various aspects with really fast speed. 

So is it possible for me to make a program which can request ProM for 'giving a result of executing inductive miner by default setting using given log file'?

I know in ProM there are so many features to use, but I need a way to get 'first glances' in short time that I can extract event logs having a possibility to analyze. And if I obtain candidate data, I want to analyze it with ProM deeply. 

It will be my pleasure to receive advices.

Thank you for reading.

I'm looking forward reply :)

Answers

• Hi,

I'm glad to read that process mining caught your attention :)

As I'm focussing on process mining in healthcare, please contact me directly if you have results you would like to discuss or have health-spcific questions. (for all ProM/process mining generic questions please use the forum).

To answer your question, I believe RapidMiner with the RapidProM extension provides what you need. See http://rapidprom.org/ and the RapidMiner website at https://rapidminer.com/.

I hope this helps and please reply back with any results or further questions.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Cross-posting here, because it seems relevant:
    https://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/558/conformance-analysis-using-the-command-line
    (and especially the link to D. Fahland's blog therein)
    Most of ProM's plugins can be handled with little to moderate effort from the CLI (if you consider that an external program), and the inductive miner particularly so. Let me know if you need any further info on this.
  • Thank you JBuijs and djr I will contact you when I start to try it. Since I'm participated in my company's project, it will take a little time. So I will focus on study process mining and be familiar with it.