To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

New to ProM: Suggestion to use Align Log to Model

bishruti
edited April 2017 in Process Mining
Hello Everyone,

I am new to ProM and I have am trying to use Align Log to Model. But I am not getting an outputs in my results. The steps I followed are:
  1. In the Workspace screen I chose my model file and the event log file.
  2. In the Action screen I chose Align Log to Model.
  3. Then I chose the required mappings.
  4. And finally in the algorithm page, I chose the Measuring Behavioral Appropriateness option.
The result that I got from all these steps is shown the figure below. I waited for so long but this never ends. I really have no idea what did I miss here.

Comments

• Hi Bishruti,

The error is not familiar to me, so I need a bit more information:

1. What version of ProM are you using? (ProM lite 1.1? ProM 6.6? ProM 6.5? or different?)
    2. What is the exact name of the plug-in you call in step 2? This plug-in is not familiar to me. For conformance alignments I usually use the plug-in with roughly the name 'align event log to process model for conformance analysis' (roughly)
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Joos,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Prom 6.6. And I am attaching the screenshot of the selection that I made.

Can you suggest me some tutorials for performing these kinds of tasks in ProM?

Best Regards,
    Bishruti
  • Hi Bishruti, I suggest to use the plug-in I mentioned in my previous post instead.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Using the following plug-in in ProM by taking a log and Petri net as input. 
  • bishruti said:

I am using Prom 6.6. And I am attaching the screenshot of the selection that I made.

This plugin is not for computing an alignment between a model and a log to check conformance , but is a plugin to modify the log into a log with perfect fitness. This only works if the underlying model is deadlock-free and only has limited use cases such trying to simplify discovered process models based on observed behavior in case the log is not perfectly fitting the model. I think you are looking for some other functionality such as the one suggested by CongLiu
  • Thank you so much. I will now try that one. Thanks a lot.