To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Finding Alignments using Replay a Log on Petri Net For Conformance Analysis plugin

I am using the plug in “Replay a Log on Petri Net For Conformance Analysis” to check the alignment between my model and my log.  But I am not able to see appropriate deviations in the alignment. The algorithms and settings I use to perform my analysis is shown in the screenshots below:

In the Mapping I choose to Map by Event Name. If I choose the default MXML Legacy Classifier, it gives me "EventName+complete".

After this, I make this selection for the algorithm.

Then on Set Parameters Options, I set the following:

Move on Model Cost = 1

Move on Log Cost = 1

Move Synchronous Cost = 0

Then the result I obtain is shown below. I really have no idea why I am not getting the right deviations. 

Could you please give me idea on my possible mistakes or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

1.1.JPG 29.5K
1.JPG 59.7K
2.JPG 129.7K

Comments

• Hi Bishruti,

Given the fact that the alignment consists of log-moves only, I suspect that your process model either has no token in the initial marking/place, or contains a deadlock or other error somewhere. I would therefore inspect your process model to see if there is an error there..
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hello Dr. @JBuijs ,

Actually, I converted my BPMN model using Convert BPMN to Petri Nets Plugin and then used Reduce Silent Transitions, Preserve Behavior Plugin. I hope until this step it is okay. And thank you so much for your response. I will check into my model again.
  • Hello Dr. @JBuijs,

Thank you so much. There was a dead transition...  Fixed it. :)