To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Plugins needed

Hi,

I am trying to replicate the work done and explained in (Rozinat et at 2009, Discovering simulation models).

However, I couldn't find the following plugins:

1- Performance Analysis with Petri net plugin.
2- Decision Point Analysis (Decision Miner).
3- Organizational Miner.
4- Merge Simulation Models.

Kindly, can anyone assist us?

Thanks

Esam

Comments

• Hi Esam,

I suspect that the plug-ins are available in ProM 5.2, and not anymore in ProM 6. You can download ProM 5.2 from www.promtools.org
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • JBuijs said:
    Hi Esam,

I suspect that the plug-ins are available in ProM 5.2, and not anymore in ProM 6. You can download ProM 5.2 from www.promtools.org
    Hi Dr. Buijs,

Thank you so much for your reply. I wonder if there are alternatives available in ProM 6? 

Also, can I have both versions installed on the same machine?

For curiosity, why are these plugins not available in ProM 6? 

Regards,

Esam
  • Hi Esam,

I think for plug-ins 1-3 there are alternatives, for #4 you could have a look at the work of Dennis Schunselaar (in ProM 6 search for schunselaar and see what pops-up). Although I don't think this will exactly cover the whole chain.
    For 1 you need to look for 'replay log on model for performance analysis'
    For 2 search for decision point mining in ProM
    For 3 search for social network miner

You can run ProM 5.2 and ProM 6 next to each other without issues.

ProM 6 is a new approach compared to ProM 5, with a different software interface, therefore we did not re-implement all ProM 5 features in ProM 6.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi!

Sorry by pulling up an old question, but i am also trying to replicate the method and results in Rozinat et at 2009, Discovering simulation models!

I understand that the paper was published before ProM 6.x and that there are many differences between major releases 5 and 6.

However, i am finding it hard to locate the dataset used in the paper and was hoping that one of you maybe know where its located.

The paper only references http://www.processmining.org and i cannot find the data on https://data.4tu.nl/portal

Any suggestions?