To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

what's the method that population of random process trees generated

ETM In the initial step a population of random process trees is generated where each activity occurs exactly once in each tree,I want to know what's the method that population of random process trees generated

Comments

• Hi, good question.

The main class that takes care of this is the TreeFactoryCoordinator, which can contain several methods to create trees. The TreeFactoryCoordinator itself contains the call to create a random tree (at the end of the class file).

https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/EvolutionaryTreeMiner/Trunk/src/org/processmining/plugins/etm/factory/TreeFactoryCoordinator.java

If you look into the TreeUtils.randomTree method you see exactly how this is done.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • you mean TreeUtils.randomTree method is to generated random process trees,and the NAryTree.class is to save random process trees,so if I want to content the ptml file to NAryTree.class,What should I do? thank you very much
  • Conversion from NAryTree (the internal representation used by ETM) to ProcessTree (the notation used by ProM), or vice versa, you can do this via code by using the classes 'NAryTreeToProcessTree' and 'ProcessTreeToNAryTree' in 'org.processmining.plugins.etm.model.narytree.conversion'.

It is important to pass the XEventClasses object to make sure the link is correct between activities in the model and the event log.

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology