To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Installation Nightly Build

Hi!

I am trying to use the latest Nightly Build version of ProM as I need one of the updates that have been made. However, I do not seem to get this version to install. Is there a guide somewhere that I could use (or can anyone explain me how I should install this latest version)? 

Comments

• Hi Loes,

I've added installation instructions on the download page for the nightly builds. Please let me know whether this is sufficient for you.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Hi Eric,

First of all thank you for your quick response.

I tried to follow the steps on the site. I have been able to unpack the files and see the PackageManager.bat and PackageManager.sh. When I run the PackageMangaer.bat I see my promp screen quickly (not long enough to read what it is doing). When I ran the Packagemanager.sh for ProM 6.7 I see the RunnerUpPackages you described on the website. However, the package states that it is up to date and I do not see any way in which I can check for updates or so.

When starting up ProM with the PackageManager.bat afterwards, I do not see the (new) functionality I need (which is an export alignment for the Inductive Visual Miner). Should the version number of ProM in the start-up screen be different than before? 

Kind regards,
    Loes
  • If the change is in the Inductive Visual Miner, you should update the "InductiveVisualMiner" package using the ProM Package Manager.

You can also update (almost) all packages:
    1. Select the "Prom-Plugins" package in the "Up to date"/"Out of date" tab.
    2. Select the "Remove" button. This removes this package and all packages that depend on it, leaving only the "LpSolve" package.
    3. Select the latest version (there may be more than one) of the "RunnerUpPackages" package in the "Not installed" tab.
    4. Select the "Install" button. This installs the "RunnerUpPackages" package and all packages on which it depends, which are the usual packages.
    Are you using Windows or Linux? You mention that running the "PackageManager.bat" file fails, that "PackageManager.sh" works, but later on you again mention the "PackageManager.bat" file. BTW, if you open a Command Prompt on Windows, go to the folder where you have extracted the ProM Nightly Build, and run "PackageManager.bat" or "ProM.bat", the Command Prompt will not immediately disappear when a problem. A possible explanation is that it cannot find a Java 7 or better, or that it finds a wrong Java (32-bits instead of 64-bits or vice versa).

Kind regards,

Eric.