To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Navigating logs in code

Wiebe
edited February 2011 in - Development
I am looking for the API or code to access log information in a faster than iterative way.

Specifically, I have imported an XES log and want to filter for all events in all traces with a specific value for the concept:name tag, then iterate over this filtered collection of events, and extract information and add information to each of these events, and then export this newly created log.

I have looked over the OpenXES API but so far couldn't find this functionality. Is it possible? The alternative is iterating over the whole log.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Wiebe,

I tried playing around with the XLogInfo and extracting event classes from it based on the concept:name event classifier.
    So far I have not succeeded in extracting events that belong to a certain class according to a classifier.

So, as far as I know, iterating through the whole log is the only option at the moment.

As soon as anyone finds another way, let us know!
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • It is there. I found the solution in the "Log" package, in the following class:

org.processmining.plugins.log.logfilters.LogFilter

• Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology