To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Unresolvable dependency for GeneralizedConformance Plugin

Hi, ivy can't resolve all dependencies for the GeneralizedConformance Plugin. Eclipse error message is: Some projects fail to be resolved Impossible to resolve dependencies of prom#GeneralizedConformance;latest unresolved dependency: com.google.gwt#gwt-dev;2.8.0: com.google.gwt#gwt;2.8.0->org.sonatype.oss#oss-parent;4

Comments

• Can someone please check and fix the dependencies of GC Plugin?
    I need to use the plugin in my thesis.
    Currently one can't add it to the ivy.xml
  • For me it just works, all dependencies resolve normally.

You need to be more specific for us to answer your question successfully. As long as we cannot reproduce the problem, we cannot tell what causes the problem, and how it can be solved.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • I was able to reproduce the error on a fresh linux system.
    It works once you comment out the line 26 from the ivy.xml 

It could be that it's a general ivy issue (see also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51043863/ivy-unresolved-dependencies-gwt-2-7-0)

• Our Linux-based continuous build server has no problem resolving the dependency.

What puzzles me a bit is the fact that your resolver is trying to resolve oss-parent, which it should not do. For this reason, we have the "transitive" flag set to false in the dependency. It seems that your resolver is kind of ignoring this flag.

Nevertheless, there was an issue with the libraries in this package, but it had more to do with using it in ProM at runtime. The resolved libraries were not there at runtime. That has now been fixed, an there is a new version of the package, which does include the proper resolved libraries for ProM at runtime. Whether this also fixes your problem, I cannot tell. My guess would be "no", but you could try.

Kind regards,

Eric.

• lca
    lca
    edited July 2018
    I am using a standard eclipse with IvyDE.
    I also can't run the plugin in ProM 6.7 because of a:
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
  • Dear Ica,
    can you please be more specific? I just tried to reproduce your issue on ubuntu (17.10). For that, I pulled the SVN sources:
    Then, I set up the Ivy configuration (I'm actually using IntelliJ Idea with Ivy Plugin) and resolved the dependencies without problem.
    There's also the Eclipser plugin that lets you start the UI, once the libs are resolved.

Then, I started the fresh ProM install (waited for the plug-ins to download) and generated a block-structured stochastic Petri net with default parameters, simulated that net with default parameters ("Perform a simple simulation..."), added some noise with a plugin and finally ran the eigenvalue based precision computation to get the following visualization:

Let me know, if you still have the troubles, and what the invocation exception is about.

Cheers,
       Andreas

PS: My java -version tells me:
    java version "1.8.0_144"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

• lca
    lca
    edited September 2018
    I can confirm that this issue has not appeared in IntelliJ, it only appears in eclipse.
    eclipse Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)
    java version "1.8.0_144"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)