To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

calling visualizer in Alpha miner

Hi,
 I want to know the way of visualization in Alpha miner I found the visualizer func. but I don't know how it is called ,I am trying to visualize my own accepting petrinet  using the Alpha miner proj,but how can I use the visualizer plug in.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Ho Roshana,

Can you be more clear on which visualizer function you found?

The Alpha Miner has no visualizer, it only discovers a Petri net and an initial marking from an event log. After having executed the Alpha Miner, ProM invokes the default visualizer on the primary result fo the plug-in, which is a Petri net in your case. The default visualizer for a Petri net is PetriNetVisualization.visualize(c, pn), where c is a fresh plug-in context and pn is the Petri net to visualize. The visualizer returns a JComponent which shows the Petri net.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Thank Eric,

I found visualize(context, AcceptingPetrinet) in package org.processmining.acceptingpetrinet.plugins.

does the ProM automatically call the visualizer and there is no different that the Petri net create in which step and layer of program running?

also can I call the visualizer in the my main plug-in?

sorry if I have variety questions about this issue.

Thanks 

• Hi Roshana,

Yes, if you have an accepting Petri net, that would be the default visualizer. If ProM runs a regular plug-in that has an accepting Petri net as its primary result, then ProM will start the visualizer for you. The primary result is typically the first result.

You can call the visualizer from your plug-in, but this results in a JComponent showing the accepting Petri net, but what will you do with that JComponent? You need to put it on the screen, but you cannot 'push' this into the ProM visualization tab as a new visualization.

While configuring a plug-in using an on-screen wizard, you could put the JComponent in that wizard. Another use case for calling the visualizer is if you want to include the JComponent into another visualization. Like the visualizer for an accepting Petri net array uses the abovementioned visualizer for every accepting Petri net in the array and puts each in its own tab. But apart from these use cases, I see no use in calling the visualizer yourself.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Roshanaee
    edited October 2018
    Thanks again  for your comprehensive answer I can finally get the visual output.

Regards,

• Hi Roshana,

ProM allows you to choose between possible visualizers for a given resource, like an accepting Petri net. Yes, you could call a different visualizer. No, it need not be static.

Yes, that does not differ. If the primary result of a plug-in is an accepting Petri net, ProM will use the default visualizer for an accepting Petri net to show this primary result as a result of running the plug-in.

Kind regards,

Eric.
  • Roshanaee said:
    Thanks again  for your comprehensive answer I can finally get the visual output.

Regards,

Sorry I change the text of this post to update it based your answer and my new achievement.The forum is offline.But nothing miss.

Thanks,