To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Exception at start of Prom 6

fatcat
edited November 2011 in - Development
Hi all,

i know there are already 2 threads with this error, but nothing in there fixes my problem.
What I do is the following. I checkout the stuff from there svn://prom.win.tue.nl/public/ProM/Plugins/trunk, it doesn't matter if I do it manually or with subclipse.
Then I start it from Eclipse or in the commandline and I get the following, with verbose turned on in the Prom.ini

Ini file processed
>>> Loading packages from /home/sho/.ProM/packages/packages.xml
WARNING: No configuration found for UITopia!
(This is okay if you start the application for the first time)
Creating new configuration file at /home/sho/.UITopia/uitopiaconfig.xml...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.processmining.contexts.uitopia.UI.main(UI.java:61)

I did all the stuff from the other threads but no chance to get it run. 

Systems where I tried it:
Windows 7 X64/32
Kubuntu 1.10
Java Version 1.6.0_20

I hope anyone can help me, because I can't go on with my bachelor work.

Greets
Stefan

Comments

• Hi Stefan,

I'm assuming you refer to the following topic:
    http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/comment/271

A first thing you should try is to download the code from the new SVN location. See this topic:
    http://www.win.tue.nl/promforum/discussion/64/prom-package-repository
    You might also want to remove the .Prom directory, to ensure a fresh start.

Let us know if this fixes the issue.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,

thanks for your answer, yes the new repository was the fix for the exception, the problem that I've now, is that I use the @GUIACTION annotation in my plugin, but the org.processmining.contexts.gui package dosn't exist anymore.

Is there a new way to use gui elements?

Greets
    Stefan
  • Hi Stefan,

I think you should use the '@UITopiaVariant' annotation.
    See also the developer tutorial at
    https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/setup/SimplePlugIn/Defining

Let us know if this is what you were looking for.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Hi,

thx for your help, I fixed all my Problems, but I think I found a bug:

If you click on Import and select a File, and you haven't select any fileextension you get an exception.

Greets
    Stefan
  • Hi Stefan,

Loading a file without selecting a file extension should work. ProM will detect which import plug-ins say they can handle the file type. If there are none you will get a list of all available import plug-ins. If there is exactly one import plug-in that can read the file format this plug-in will be called. If there are several ProM let's you choose which one you want (a good example are .pnml files).

What type of file are you trying to import? Maybe there is an error with the import plug-in.
    Joos Buijs

• Hi,

now I got the answer by myself ;). If there is no package downloaded, there is no Importplugin, so I get this exception, what is clear.

Thanks for all your help.

Stefan