To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Problem with dates on eventlog

Hi,

I am having some problem with dates on the eventlog. The Challenge descripton says the eventlog presents a set of purchase order events submitted in 2018. However, when importing either the xes file in PROM or the dsc file in DISCO, the registered start date appears as "01 jan 1948" and end date is "09 april 2020". 

Also, when trying to export imported log in PROM to a CSV file, import fails due to java error.

regards

Tales Costa

Comments

• Just checked that there are 7 cases with future end dates (case ends after 2018) and 50+ cases with old start dates (case starts before 2018) 
  • Yes, there may be data entry errors. That's normal in real-life processes. Feel free to deal with them in any way you see fit.

• As for the issues with ProM, please provide detailed descriptions on how to reproduce the errors, but do this in the proper category (this question is not BPI Challenge specific)

• bfvdonge
    edited February 2019
    I was able to reproduce the problem of exporting to CSV in ProM. If you want the CSV version of the data, you can download it here: http://icpmconference.org/wp-content/uploads/BPIChallenge2019CSV.zip

The CSV file has Literal columns which contain free text. Sometimes, they contain also the "," symbol which is used in the file to separate columns. To properly parse each line, you can use the following code in Java: String.split(",(?=([^\"]*\"[^\"]*\")*[^\"]*$)"). This regular expression splits each line on a "," symbol, but ignores any parts between double quotes. After splitting your String.trim() to remove the quotes from the items.

• Hi bfvdonge,
    Thanks for your effort. I am using a csv file exported from the dsc file provide by Fluxicon.
    Regards