To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Processing of Multiperspective models in ProM 6.9?

[Deleted User]
edited April 2020 in - Usage
Hello there,

In their paper

Kalenkova, Anna & Burattin, Andrea & de Leoni, Massimiliano & Sperduti, Alessandro. (2018). Discovering high-level BPMN process models from event data. Business Process Management Journal. 10.1108/BPMJ-02-2018-0051.

the authors discover BPMN models for event logs with optional parallel activities, where the models do not have inclusive gateways, but instead (semantically equivalent) contain a parallel gateway over some exclusive gateways, where each of the exclusive gateways has an empty arc bypassing the optional activity.

They say that all this has been implemented in the Multiperspective Miner plugin for ProM:

Kalenkova, A., de Leoni, M., van der Aalst,W.: Discovering, Analyzing and Enhancing
BPMN Models Using ProM. In: Business Process Management - 12th International
Conference, BPM 2014, Haifa, Israel, September 7-11, 2014. Proceedings (2014)

I have installed the Multiperspective Miner. It discovers such BPMN models alright. In addition, it also discovers another kind of entity altogether, namely a "Multiperspective Model".

My question is: What can I do with such a Multiperspective Model in ProM 6.9? What additional plugins should I install? When I select this model as input, I currently do not have any actions available that can do anything with it. It cannot even be visualized.

-- Sebastian

Comments

• Hi Sebastian,

As far as I can check, there is nothing you can do with it. It just combines the BPMN diagram (control flow), a role partitioning (organization), and a data Petri net (data).

Kind regards,
    Eric.