To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Output log file

Hello everyone, pls how can i generate an output log file after creating a process model with heuristic or alpha or inductive miner. I really wish to see the actual values from my input eventlog that was used to generate the process model. additionally, i will be happy if the output log can be exported to csv. Also note that i am currently using prom 6.
thanks

Answers

• HI,

You can use ProM to answer this question for you. In your ProM workspace, select the process model you have just discovered. Then select the action button (the triangle pointing to the right, between the view button and the delete button). This brings you to the action view with the process model selected as an input. Now select the "Click to add output object" under Output, scroll down to the XLog entry in the list, and select it. As a result, the action view now shows all plugins that can take your process model as input and that can create an XLog object (that is, an event log) as output. If I do this with a Petri net as process model, this shows me (among others) the "Perform a simple simulation of a (stochastic) Petri net" plugin. You could use that plugin to generate a log for your process model.

This works in general. If you already have the inputs, and know what type of output you want, you can use ProM to filter on the available plugins.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Thanks so much for your response. I have tried to mine with Petri net, but its taking much time to complete. I used the interactive data aware heuristic miner. on the generated process model as input, there was no "Click to add output object" on the right output side. pls, is there an output that you think is available for interactive data aware heuristic miner, inductive miner and alpha miner. thank you
  • Hi,

In the visualization of the result of the Interactive Data Aware Heuristics Miner, you can export to a Petri net. If you do this, the discovered Petri net will be added to your workspace. You can then select this Petri net, and follow the steps mentioned above.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • thank you so much. I have finally gotten the "Xlog" as an option on the output side of prom. I have selected the Xlog, how do i save it to my computer as a csv?
  • what can i do to the Xlog file? can it be exported?

• Hi,

You can select the event log in your workspace (if needed, select the All tab), and then select the Export to disk button on the right. In the list of file types, select  CSV files, and then select the Save button. This will save your event log as a CSV file.

Kind regards,
    Eric.
  • Am concerned about the Xlog, not the eventlog
  • The XLog is the event log.
  • i know that XEX event log was used to generate the process model and that the process model is used to generate an output Xlog, which i want to export as csv. how can i achieve this?
  • Please select the XLog in the workspace, and follow the steps as detailed above. The generated XLog is also an event log.