To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

Importing SAP's logs into CSV

hanim
edited November 2011 in - XESame
Dear guys,

I'm happy as part of this forum. Well, i'm a newbie in process mining and I need your help :-D

1. How are the steps to import SAP logs into .CSV? Is it possible to import the logs of SAP for educational purposes? (my university is being subscribed for SAP univ alliances). My consideration is of limited privileges. Couple weeks ago, I took an SAP training. In the training, I successfully run several modules of SAP. So, I am planning to generate the logs resulted from my training into .CSV and gonna use it for my research.

2. For Joos. You said t
hat "my conversion was a very small one". Does it mean that your conversion is specific for particular ERP's module (or even business process)? If I succeed importing my training logs into .CSV, do you think it's possible for me to convert the CSV into .XES using your application?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Hanim

Comments

• Hi Hanim,

Welcome on the forum :)

I'm afraid I can't answer your question 1. since I don't have more experience with SAP than I explained in my thesis.

W.r.t. question 2: I meant that the conversion in my thesis was a small one. Whether yours will be small or large depends on what you want to include. In my thesis the mapping was specific for the purchase and invoicing parts (but not complete).
    I believe that XESame is the best tool for extracting event logs from a database. Another tool I know, Nitro from Fluxicon, is not able to handle multiple tables, something that XESame can do.
    I don't think that you need to extract the data to .CSV since XESame can directly connect to the database. I believe that this will be easier and faster for extracting data.

Please let me know if this helps.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology