To prevent spam users, you can only post on this forum after registration, which is by invitation. If you want to post on the forum, please send me a mail (h DOT m DOT w DOT verbeek AT tue DOT nl) and I'll send you an invitation in return for an account.

How to build ProM plug-ins with source?

Franklyn
edited December 2011 in - Development
Hello there:
I am new to ProM and I have a question:
I want to get a close eye on the plug-in algorithm. Then build the ProM project with plug-in source seems to be a good choice. However, I do not know how to do that. Should I just check out the plug-ins in https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages (for example:the AlphaMiner), or should I check out framework first and then check out the plug-ins?
If I need to check out framework first, what exactly should I do to make a plug-in source as a part of this framework project,
Thanks in advance..

Regrads,
PL

Best Answers

• pcoder
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Franklyn,

As JBuijs already mentioned, I think its something wrong with your subversion client tool. If you don't have the libraries checked out properly (as shown in the svn logs in your earlier post), there's no way you can run Prom. 

I am attaching the four files you are missing herewith, May be you can place them into the folder and try running again?

jars.zip 907.2K
  • JBuijs
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Franklyn,

I'm assuming that you recently installed Subversion 1.7.0. I found that this is a 'bug' (or not supported feature) which used to work with Subversion 1.6 clients.
    You could first try to upgrade to subversion 1.7.1 which might fix the issue. If this does not fix it try downgrading to 1.6 (e.g. uninstalling 1.7 and then installing 1.6).

Let us know if this worked.
    Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology

Answers

• Hi Franklyn,

It works as you first described: check out the trunk folder of a package and a new run configuration is added in Eclipse (after opening the project of course). This allows you to run ProM 6 with the source code of the current algorithm.

If you need more assistence, maybe the following tutorials can be of help:
    https://svn.win.tue.nl/trac/prom/wiki/setup/CheckingOutPromUsingSubclipse 

Joos Buijs

Senior Data Scientist and process mining expert at APG (Dutch pension fund executor).
    Previously Assistant Professor in Process Mining at Eindhoven University of Technology
  • Franklyn
    edited December 2011
    Hi JBuijs:

Thanks for your reply.
    I do what you told. However, there are some problems after check out the AlphaMiner via SVM. The problems are the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Project 'AlphaMiner' is missing required library: 'stdlib/ProM-Contexts.jar' AlphaMiner Build path Build Path Problem
    Project 'AlphaMiner' is missing required library: 'stdlib/ProM-Framework.jar' AlphaMiner Build path Build Path Problem
    Project 'AlphaMiner' is missing required library: 'stdlib/ProM-Models.jar' AlphaMiner Build path Build Path Problem
    Project 'AlphaMiner' is missing required library: 'stdlib/ProM-Plugins.jar' AlphaMiner Build path Build Path Problem
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems the project lacks of some libraries. Could you help with that?
    Thanks.

PL

• Hi,

Does the jar file exist in the stdlib folder? If not, are you sure you checked out the correct folder (/trunk/)?
    If so, check the build paths in the Eclipse project settings and/or in the .classpath file.
    Joos Buijs

• Hi JBuijs:

The mentioned 4 .jar files do not exist in the stdlib folder.
    And the checked out folder path is https://svn.win.tue.nl/repos/prom/Packages/AlphaMiner/Trunk/.
    Is this correct?

Part of the .classpath is like the following:

<classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/ProM-Contexts.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/ProM-Framework.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/ProM-Models.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/xstream-1.3.1.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/jgraph.jar"/>
        <classpathentry kind="lib" path="stdlib/ProM-Plugins.jar"/>

Attached is a screenshot of Eclipse project settings.

Thanks.

• Dear Franklyn,

I have also checked out the Alpha Miner from the same URL as you mention. When I inspect the /stdlib/ folder I find all the files (and a lot more) that you mention in the classpath and screenshot.

Did you try deleting the project, including the files on disk, and check out the package fresh?

If so, did you do a check out recently (so you have the most recent code) and did you change anything in the project settings in Eclipse?

If the problems still persist, could you please post your operating system and Eclipse version.
    Although I think that removing the files and checking it out again should do it (as it works for me).

Let me know if it works!

Joos Buijs

• Franklyn
    edited January 2012
    Hi Buijs:

I did not change anything in the project settings in Eclipse.
    And I delete all files and folders in workspace and check out again, it still does not work.

BTW, the argument in Run Configuration is: -ea -Xmx1G -Djava.library.path=.//lib;.//stdlib.

I have tried in two different operating systems - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 and Windows XP Professional 32bit SP3. Unfortunately, neither of them runs normally. The Eclipse verion is Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, Indigo under both of operating systems.

Thanks.
  • Hi PCoder:

Use your .jar file has sloved the problem. Thanks.
    But I still do not know why is this.
    Anyway, thanks for your help.
  • Hi Franklyn,

Good to hear that it now works.

I agree that this should not happen.
    When you checkout or update the code from the repository in Eclipse you see messages in the console. Are there any error messages included related to the 4 missing files??
    Joos Buijs

• Hi, JBuijs:

Yes, I've just tried another package-HeuristicsMiner. Same thing happened. Following is the error when checking out via SVN project: 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Checked out revision 4309.
        Updating external location at: D:/Ph.D/Workspace/HeuristicsMiner/stdlib/ProM-Framework.jar
        Path syntax not supported in this context
    svn: Cannot insert a file external defined on 'D:\Ph.D\Workspace\HeuristicsMiner' into the working copy 'D:\Ph.D\Workspace\HeuristicsMiner\stdlib'.

A   D:/Ph.D/Workspace/HeuristicsMiner/src/org/processmining/plugins/causalnet/temp/measures/EventStart.java
        Updating external location at: D:/Ph.D/Workspace/HeuristicsMiner/stdlib/ProM-Contexts.jar
    svn: Cannot insert a file external defined on 'D:\Ph.D\Workspace\HeuristicsMiner' into the working copy 'D:\Ph.D\Workspace\HeuristicsMiner\stdlib'.

Updating external location at: D:/Ph.D/Workspace/HeuristicsMiner/stdlib/ProM-Models.jar

Updating external location at: D:/Ph.D/Workspace/HeuristicsMiner/stdlib/ProM-Plugins.jar

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks.
  • Hi JBuijs:

Good news. SVN 1.6 works fine with me.
    It seems the problem lies in SVN version. I first used version 1.8.

Thanks.