My research interests are reflected in my papers on cryptographic protocols for electronic voting, electronic payment, and secure computation, on amortized data structures and on some other algorithms. See also these Lecture Notes Cryptographic Protocols and matching Lecture Slides Cryptographic Protocols (Handout version without animations).
Related programming projects:
Selected Electronic Voting Activities
- PC member of E-VOTE-ID 2019: International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting, Bregenz, Austria, October 1-4, 2019.
- PC member of E-VOTE-ID 2018: International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting, Bregenz, Austria, October 2-5, 2018.
- PC member of 2nd Workshop on Advances in Secure Electronic Voting, Malta, April 7, 2017. In conjunction with Financial Crypto 2017.
- PC member of E-VOTE-ID 2017: International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting, Bregenz, Austria, October 24-27, 2017.
- PC member of 1st Workshop on Advances in Secure Electronic Voting, Barbados, February 26, 2016. In conjunction with Financial Crypto 2016.
- PC member of E-VOTE-ID 2016: International Joint Conference on Electronic Voting, Bregenz, Austria, October 18-21, 2016.
- PC member of 5th VOTE-ID 2015: International Conference on E-Voting and Identity in Bern, Switzerland, September 2-4, 2015
- PC member of 6th International Conference on Electronic Voting 2014 (EVOTE2014) in Lochau/Bregenz, Austria, October 29-31, 2014
- PC member of 4th VOTE-ID 2013: International Conference on E-Voting and Identity at the University of Surrey, UK, July 17-19, 2013
- PC member of 3rd VOTE-ID 2011: International Conference on E-Voting and Identity in Tallinn, Estonia, September 28-30, 2011
- Chapter 15 Voting Schemes in ALGORITHMS AND THEORY OF COMPUTATION HANDBOOK (Second Edition), Mikhail Atallah and Marina Blanton (Eds.), Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2010. (See also July 2008 DRAFT)
- Program co-chair of VOTE-ID 2009 Second Conference on E-Voting and Identity in Luxembourg, September 7-8, 2009
- Session on voting with an invited talk by Rop Gonggrijp of wijvertrouwenstemcomputersniet.nl, at WISSec 2008 in Eindhoven, November 13-14, 2008
- PC member of 3rd International Conference on Electronic Voting 2008 (EVOTE08) in Bregenz, Austria, August 6-9, 2008
- PC member of 2008 USENIX/ACCURATE Electronic Voting Technology Workshop (EVT '08), in San Jose, California, July 28–29, 2008
- PC member of WOTE'08, in Leuven, Belgium, July 22-23, 2008
- Keynote talk at VOTE-ID 2007 First Conference on E-Voting and Identity in Bochum, Germany, October 4-5, 2007
- Talk at RISC special day on electonic voting at CWI, Amsterdam, October 2, 2007
- Frontiers of Electronic Voting, Dagstuhl Seminar 07311 in Schloss Dagstuhl, Germany, July 29-August 3, 2007
- IAVoSS Workshop On Trustworthy Elections (WOTE 2007) in Ottawa, Canada, June 20-21, 2007
- Keynote talk at International Remote Voting Workshop, DZI, TU Darmstadt, November 23, 2006
- IAVoSS Workshop On Trustworthy Elections (WOTE 2006) in Cambridge, UK, June 29-30, 2006
- Frontiers in Electronic Elections (FEE 2005) in Milan, Italy, September 15-16, 2005
- The EU project CyberVote and the paper Fully Auditable Electronic Secret-Ballot Elections for some more information on universally verifiable elections.
Other Selected Professional Activities
- General Chair of IACR conference 21st Eurocrypt 2002,
hosted by TU Eindhoven
- Editorial Board member of International Journal of Applied Cryptography (IJACT)
- PC member of IACR conferences: 35th Eurocrypt'16, 20thAsiacrypt'14, 30th Eurocrypt'11, 29th Eurocrypt'10, 15th Asiacrypt'09, 27th Eurocrypt'08, 25th Eurocrypt'06, 24th Eurocrypt'05,
- PC member of IACR workshops: 9th Theory of Cryptography Conference (TCC 2012), 14th International Workshop on Practice and Theory in Public Key Cryptography (PKC'11), 12th PKC'09, 11th PKC'08, and 8th PKC'05
- PC member of 9th International Conference on Financial Cryptography
and Data Security (FC'05) and 3rd FC'99
- PC member of RSA Conference 2011 11th Cryptographers' Track (CT-RSA 2011), 10th CT-RSA 2010, and 9th CT-RSA 2009
- PC member of 5th International Conference on Information Theoretic Security (ICITS 2011)
- PC member of 7th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS'09) (in cooperation with IACR)
- PC member of 7th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS'08),
5th CANS'06 and
- PC member of 22nd Nordic Conference on Secure IT Systems (NordSec 2017) and 23rd NordSec 2018
- PC member of 11th IMA International Conference on Cryptography and Coding 2007, Cirencester
- PC member of 15th Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy (ACISP 2010)
- PC member of 12th International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (ICISC 2009)
- PC member of 7th Conference on Security and Cryptography for Networks (SCN 2010)
- PC member of 14th Information Hiding Conference (IH 2012), 13th IH 2011 and 12th IH 2010
- PC member of 4th Provable Security Conference (ProvSec 2010) and 3rd ProvSec 2009
- PC member of 3rd Africacrypt 2010
- PC member of 10th International Information Security Conference (ISC'07)
- PC member of 2nd SKLOIS Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (Inscrypt'06)
- PC member of 5th European PKI Workshop (EuroPKI'08)
- PC member of 5th VOTE-ID 2015: International Conference on E-Voting and Identity, 4th VOTE-ID 2013, 3rd VOTE-ID 2011, 2nd VOTE-ID 2009, 1stVOTE-ID 2007
- PC member of 3rd International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT'08), 2nd SECRYPT'07, and 1st SECRYPT'06
- PC member of 2nd workshop on Protection of Long-Lived Systems (PLLS 2018)
- PC member of 3rd International Workshop for Applied PKI (IWAP'04)
- PC member of 4th Benelux Workshop on Information and System Security (WISSec'09), 3rd WISSec'08 (co-chair), 2nd WISSec'07, and 1st WISSec'06
- PC member of 4thInternational Information Security and Cryptology Conference (ISCTURKEY'10)
- PC member of workshop Data Mining With Secure Computation (DMSC 2017) in conjunction with ECML PKDD 2017
- PC member of Signal Processing in the EncryptEd Domain (SPEED 2009)
- PC member of International Workshop on Business Processes Security (BPS'09) in conjunction with 20th IEEE International DEXA Conference
- PC member of International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Enterprise Computing (InSPEC 2008) in conjunction with 12th IEEE International EDOC Conference
- Co-organizer and PC member of Frontiers in Electronic Elections (FEE'05)
- Co-organizer of Mathematics of Cryptology 2003 workshop and graduate course
- Co-organizer of 38th Nederlands Mathematisch Congres (NMC'02)