Dr. Murat Firat
I am a reseacher working in the field Combinatorial Optimization. Currently, I work as a post-doctoral reseacher at France Telecom.
I completed my PhD in Mathematics and Computer Science department of Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), the Netherlands.
I have experience on the multi-skill workforce scheduling, stable workforce assignments, and several planning problems.
In my studies; I conduct complexity analysis of problems. I use graph theory and linear optimization to develop solution approachs.
My implementations are mainly in Java, but I also have experience in C++ and C.
My recent topics are:
- Exact algorithms for combonatorial problems like stable workforce assignment problems, vehicle routing problems.
- Clustering problems in FTTH networks.
I have also an account in Linkedin.
- PhD Thesis: Workforce Scheduling and Planning:
A Combinatorial Approach , 2012, Eindhoven University of Technology.
- “A Branch-and-Price algorithm for stable
multi-skill workforce assignments”, Firat, M., Briskorn, D., Laugier, A., to be submitted.
- " Optimization of Lifetime in Sensor Networks", Bansal, N., Bourne, D., Firat, M., Kapodistria, S., Kumar K.,Meerman,
C.,Mitici M., Nardi, F. R., de Rijk, B., Sarswat S., Scardia L., 2012, Proceedings of the Study Group
Mathematics with Industry SWI 2012.
- “ Stable multi-skill workforce assignments”, Firat, M., Hurkens, C., Laugier, A.,
Sept. 2012, Annals of OR, pp. 1-20.
- "An improved MIP-based combinatorial approach
for a multi-skill workforce scheduling problem”, Firat, M., Hurkens, C., 2012, Journal of Scheduling ,
- “Analysis of the dial-a-ride problem of Hunsaker
and Savelsbergh”, Firat, M., Woeginger, G., 2011, Operations Research Letters 39 , pp. 32-35.
- "Disruption management for commercial aviation. Description
of the TUe Solution Method", Eggermont, C., Firat, M., Hurkens, C.A.J., Modelski, M., (2012). Proceedings of the ROADEF Conference 2009 , Nancy, France.
- “ A parametric fuzzy logic approach to dynamic part routing under full routing flexibility”, Bilge, U., Firat, M., Albey, E., 2008, Computers and Industrial Engineering 55, pp. 15-33.
- “Optimization in Networks”, assisted Prof. Gerhard Woeginger, Web Page.
- "Discrete models for design and planning", assisted Prof. Jan Karel Lenstra.
- “Optimization”, assisted Prof. Sem Borst.
- “Linear Algebra”, assisted dr. Ruud Pellikaan.
- “Statistics”, asssited dr. Emiel van Berkum.
Postal address: Dr. Murat Firat, 905 rue Albert Einstein, F-06921 Sophia-Antipolis Cedex, France.
Phone: +33 (0) 49 29 45 303
Email: (name).(lastname)@orange.com, (name)(lastname)email@example.com