SCHEDULE OF THE ADML WORKSHOP (as pdf):
DATE 18/09/2007 PM:
09h00 10h30: sessions of the other Workshops (WS3-WS5)
10h30 11h00: coffee (included in the workshops fee)
11h00 12h30: sessions of the other Workshops (WS3-WS5)
12h30 14h00: lunch (included in the workshops fee)
14h00 15h30: ADML session
- 10 min: Presentation of the Workshop. C. Romero, M. Pechenizkiy, T. Calders, S. R. Viola.
- 20 min: Revisiting interestingness of strong symmetric association rules in educational data. A. Merceron, K. Yacef.
- 20 min: Drawbacks and solutions of applying association rule mining in learning management systems. E. García, C. Romero, S. Ventura, T. Calders.
- 20 min: Towards educational data mining: Using data mining methods for automated chat analysis to understand and support inquiry learning processes. A. Anjewierden, B. Kollöffel, C. Hulshof
15h30 16h00: coffee (included in the workshops fee)
16h00 17h30: ADML session
- 20 min: Discovering Student Preferences in E-learning. C. Carmona, G. Castillo, E. Millán.
- 20 min: Using Web Mining for Understanding the Behavior of the Online Learner. R. Nachimas, A. Hershkovitz.
- 20 min: A Problem-Oriented Method for Supporting AEH Authors through Data Mining. J. Bravo, C. Vialardi, A. Ortigosa.
- 20 min: E-Learning Process Characterization using data driven approaches. S.R. Viola.
17h30-18h00: Closing and Discussion Panel.
Dinner: Informal meeting in a restaurant (not included in the workshops fee).
Paper presentations are scheduled in 20-minute blocks: 15 minutes for the presentation, and 5 minutes for discussion.
Acceptable formats for presentations: PowerPoint (.ppt), Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and Flash (.swf).The following media formats will be accepted: USB Flash Memory Drive, DVD+-R, CD-R and CD-RW.