Cyberattacks, Crime and Defences
This used to be the Hacker's Hut course. Now that cyber-attacks have
become a ''mature'' business there is a need for a new course.
Who gives this course:
- Sandro Etalle (responsible)
- Luca Allodi, (assistant)
- a few guest lectures.
Semester 1, Quartile 2. Course code: 2IMS20
Time: (watch out: on the TUe timetable there are "extra
lectures" that we are not going to give; the one reported here
is the right timeline)
on Tuesdays, hours 5 and 6 (13.30 -- 15.15)
and Thursdays, hours 3 and 4 (10:45 -- 12:30)
- On Tuesday it is from 13:30 till 15:15 in Flux 1.02, on Thursday it is from 10:45 till 12:30 in Auditorium 5
- Lectures are not recorded (and there are no telelectures).
- Students from Nijmegen have to be enrolled at the TU/e,
and enroll in the cursus, via canvas.tue.nl
There is a written exam at the end of the course.
- There is no test exam. Why? First: this is the
first time we give the course. Secondly: there are very few things that change as fast as
cyber-attacks. Therefore, the content of this course
changes literally every year, making it impossible for us to have a test
exam that would be relevant for more than one edition of the
- The questions on the written exam are obviously on the whole
program covered by the course, therefore including guest lectures.
Course material and Schedule