System Architecture and Networking (SAN)
Mathematics and Computer Science (WIN)
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
tel: +31 (40) 247 3652
e-mail: w.aslam (jamIT) tue.nl
I am a PhD student at SAN of TU/e. My supervisor is Prof. Dr. J.J. Lukkien. The area of my research is modeling resource allocation in unmanaged wireless networks collaboratively, with an emphasis on network-wide view. We focus on discretizing the mapping function from applications QoS concerns to network parameters. It amounts to offering the available network capacity with a set of choices for the applications.
· Waqar Aslam, Johan Lukkien, Igor Radovanovic, "Allocation of In-home Network Resources to Competing Multimedia Streams Using EDCA," in Proceedings of IEEE ICCE, Las Vegas, Jan. 2009.
· W. Aslam and J. J. Lukkien, “Delay constrained resource allocation for wireless home networks,” in 2012 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE 2012), Las Vegas, USA, Jan. 2012, pp. 98–99.
· W. Aslam and J. J. Lukkien, “Scavenging the channel share: Performance on sensing and allocation,” in First Taibah University International Conference on Computing and Information Technology (ICCIT 2012), Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah, Saudi Arabia, Mar. 2012.
· Aslam, W.; Lukkien, J.J.; , "Streaming-aware channel utilization improvement for wireless home networks," Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on , vol.58, no.1, pp.69-77, February 2012 doi: 10.1109/TCE.2012.6170057
· An analytical model solver: XcL
· A simulator: GRADE