Model Order Reduction Summer School 2019
Dates: September 23 - September 27, 2019
Location: Academisch Genootschap, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Abstracts and Scientific Material |
Organization Committee |
The summer school on
Model Order Reduction is organized by junior researchers for junior researchers. It is particularly aimed towards the Master students in their final phase, PhD students and Post-Docs in the field of model order reduction. This summer school has the following main objectives:
Every participant is encouraged to give a talk and/or present a poster about their current research results. Moreover, there will be introductory courses about the different model reduction techniques.
- Scientific exchange in the form of lectures, talks and discussions
- Networking in an informal atmosphere
- Additional training qualifications via soft skill course
The confirmed forefront speakers are:
There will also be a special session on
- Prof. Anthony Nouy (Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France)
Title:Approximation with low rank formats
- Prof. Jacquelien Scherpen (University of Groningen, The Netherlands)
Title:Extended balancing and Network reduction preservation
- Prof. Nathan van de Wouw (Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands)
Title: Model reduction of nonlinear systems using incremental system properties + Balancing-based model reduction for delay systems
- Prof. Nick Higham (University of Manchester, United Kingdom)
Title: Exploiting Low Precision Arithmetic in the Solution of Linear Systems (He also delivered a 2 hour keynote on the craft of scientific writing)
- Prof. Jan Hesthaven (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, EPFL, Switzerland)
Title: New Directions in Reduced Order Modeling- Structure preserving ROM and non-intrusive ROM
New Mathematics inspired by applications by Prof. Wil Schilders.
The schedule for the summer school is: Program.
Some important points:
- All participants are expected to arrive on Sunday, September 22
- The summer school will start on Monday, September 23 at 9 AM
Abstracts and Scientific Material:
Material (Stay tuned for some more material)
Photographs (Click to download the collection of the pictures taken at the summer school).
The accommodation (double-sharing) will be provided in the Hotel Sandton. Please do not contact the accomodation. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to the organizers.
The conference fee for non-EuroTech participants is 435 Euros. It includes accommodation costs (in a shared double room), breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, 1 conference dinner and network activity. The participants have to take care of their own travel expenses.
Note: The participants from the COST Target Inclusiveness Countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey) can apply for financial support.
- The conference fee for EuroTech participants is 100 Euros. It includes lunch, coffee breaks, 1 conference dinner and network activity. The accommodation expenses (including breakfast) and the travel expenses would be taken care of by the respective EuroTech institutions.
- No fees will be charged for UCoCoS participants.
Please fill out the registration form. The registration deadline is June 30.
The number of participants is limited to 30.
For more information, contact Harshit Bansal (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Acknowledgement: This event has received partial funding from the European Union's EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 under Grant Agreement No 675080 (UCOCOS project)
The summer school is supported by:
Junior Organizers: Harshit Bansal (TUE), Mohammad Abbasi (TUE), Maria Cruz Varona (TUM), Nicolo Ripamonti (EPFL)
Senior Organizers: Prof. Wil Schilders (TUE), Prof. Kees Vuik (TUD), Prof. Jan Hesthaven (EPFL), Prof. Poul Hjorth (DTU), Dr. Kathrin Smetana (UT), Dr. A.Y. Pogromskiy (TUE)
Former Reduced Basis Summer School/ Model Order Reduction Summer School:
MORSS 2018 University of Hamburg
RBSS 2017 Technische Universität Braunschweig
RBSS 2016 Max Planck Institute Magdeburg
RBSS 2015 University of Konstanz
RBSS 2014 University of Münster
RBSS 2013 RWTH Aachen
RBSS 2012 University of Stuttgart
RBSS 2011 University of Ulm